About Taxi Text Alert
Taxi Text Alert is a service which sends a traveller an SMS text message to alert them when their vehicle is arriving.
This a premium service supplied by taxi and private hire companies, and the company in question should always alert customers of any potential charges when offering the service.
Why Use Taxi Text Alert?
Your Taxi Text Alert gives you a specific reference for your vehicle. These details can be verified against the vehicle and the driver to ensure that you are getting into the correct vehicle. This service is essential for anyone who has booked a taxi or private hire vehicle. You can be assured that the vehicle you are getting into is the one you booked, and that it is a fully licensed taxi or private hire vehicle.
With Text Alert there is no need to stand on street corners getting wet while waiting for your lift home. Simply relax inside and wait for your text message to tell you that your vehicle has arrived.
How many times have you missed your taxi and been left waiting as a result? Text Alert provide reliability.
To Stop Receiving Text Alert Messages
The taxi or private company should always alert customers of any potential charges when offering the service. You may unsubscribe from the service at any time by texting the word "STOP" (minus the inverted commas) to 60030. You will be sent a free confirmation text message.
Terms & Conditions
1) Smarttaxi does not accept liability in respect of the use and availability of this service. Messages are usually sent immediately, but there may be delays in transmission. It is not guaranteed that the messages will be received. A user uses this service at his or her own risk.
2) Taxi Text Alert messages are charged to your network operator mobile telephone account inclusive of the cost of the first message sent. There is a charge of up to 35p dependent upon the service provider.
3) To stop receiving texts from the Taxi Text Alert service simply reply to a text from the service with the word STOP, and you will receive no further texts.
4) From time to time the Taxi Text Alert service may be unavailable due to maintenance or failure. While Smarttaxi will make every endeavour to ensure this "down time" is kept to a minimum, Smarttaxi will not be liable for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result.
5) In accordance with the legal provisions, usage data are recorded only insofar as this is necessary for the untroubled performance of the service, for accounting purposes, and for the provision of other related goods and services.
6) Amendment of the Terms and Conditions: Smarttaxi may change all or part of these Terms and Conditions from time to time in its sole discretion. Smarttaxi will also update the Terms and Conditions contained on the Website to reflect any such change.
7) Smarttaxi shall be entitled to end your right to use the service without notice if Smarttaxi becomes aware and determines, in its sole discretion, that you have breached any of these Terms and Conditions.
8) The Taxi Text Alert service is the functionality owned by Trapeze Group (UK) Ltd, Auriga House, Thompsons Close, Harpenden, Hertfordshire, AL5 4ES firstname.lastname@example.org